- Camry and Corolla lead their segments in first six months of 2014;
- Lexus up over 10 percent in June
Toyota, Scion and Lexus today reported total June 2014 sales results of 201,714 units, an increase of 11.9 percent from June 2013 on a daily selling rate (DSR). On a raw-volume basis, unadjusted for 24 selling days in June 2014 versus 26 selling days in June 2013, sales increased 3.3 percent from year-ago month.
For the first half of the year, Toyota, Scion and Lexus reported sales of 1,165,607 units. With 152 selling days in the first half of 2014 versus 153 selling days during the same period in 2013, sales are up 5.8 percent on a DSR basis. Unadjusted, sales were up 5.1 percent year-over-year.
Toyota division posted June 2014 sales of 178,196 units, up 11 percent year-over-year on a DSR basis. Volume-wise, Toyota division sales increased 2.5 percent over June 2013. Calendar-year-to-date, Toyota division posted sales of 1,026,918 units, up 4.4 percent on a DSR basis and 3.7 percent volume-wise over the same period in 2013.
“Sales in the first half of 2014 indicate a steadily recovering industry, and we expect this pace to increase as we move into the second part of the year,” said Bill Fay, Toyota division group vice president and general manager. "In June, Camry and Corolla posted double-digit gains as passenger cars showed renewed strength industry-wide.”
Lexus reported June sales of 23,518 units, a 19.3 percent increase on a DSR basis and a 10.1 percent increase on a raw-volume basis, both year-over-year. Calendar-year-to-date, Lexus division posted sales of 138,689 units, up 17.9 percent on a DSR basis and 17.1 percent volume-wise over the same period in 2013.
“While the industry has been posting healthy gains, Lexus has been able to more than double the average growth rate with a combination of fresh new products, improving availability and industry-leading customer satisfaction practices,” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus group vice president and general manager. “The new Lexus IS and GX models were two of the industry's strongest performing products during the first six months of 2014.”
- Camry up over 13 percent in June; up over 7 percent in first half
- All-new Corolla up 17 percent with sales of nearly 31,000 units in June
- Toyota and Lexus hybrids post sales of almost 28,000 units in June
- All-new RAV4 increased 5.1 percent in June; up almost 16 percent in first half
- All-new Lexus IS increased 105 percent in June; up over 118 percent in first half
- Lexus ES posts sales of more than 5,500 units in June
- Lexus luxury utility vehicles up 6.5 percent in June; up 14 percent in first half
- Lexus RX posts sales up over 3 percent in first half
- Lexus GX posts triple-digit gains for the eighth month in a row; up over 130 percent in first half